Well, it is going on midnight here in Colorado Springs. The temperature outside just dropped to 31 degrees. Not too bad since a week ago we were lucky to have 3 or 4 degrees at night. Tomorrow is predicted to be close to 60 and Sunday the weatherman said the mountains will get snow. The ski resorts will love it. As long as the sun shines several days, I can handle an occasional gray day, but not too many.
Well, I have been doing more research on marketing our books and have discovered how little I know about the subject. I received an email yesterday giving me 5 tips to increase book sales and the importance of each one. It’s all good advise. I’ll take all the helpful advise I can get.
1. Offer our book in multiple formats. Amazon does offer our ebook in different formats other than a kindle. All a buyer has to do is download the app to their phone, iPad or tablet.
2. Get social. We are on numerous social media sites and try to be as social as possible and keep up with my writing/painting/research/marketing schedule.
3. Make time for Marketing. I try, I really tried to spend a lot of time on marketing our novels and will continue to learn and research until I learn everything I need to know..
4. Book cover design is important. I think THE STONE KILLER book cover is eye-catching and fits the novel rather well. We make every effort to choose the appropriate picture or painting to represent the storyline of our novels. If you think the book covers are eye-catching or need to be better, please let us know. There is always room for improvement in anything we do.
5. Word of mouth is powerful and reviews. To all you blessed people who have purchased THE STONE KILLER and our other novels, if you enjoyed our books, please spread the word, tell your friends, email anyone you know who like to read murder and mayhem with a touch of romance. Also, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee write a review, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
I will add a 6th suggestion, edit, edit, edit the crap out of your manuscript. When you do that, then edit it one more time for good measure. We edit and edit and edit and have other people edit and still mistakes slip by us all. Amazing.
Tomorrow more research on marketing and promoting our novels. Remember my slogan, adopted from the movie Galaxy Quest, NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER!
Everyone have a great weekend and stay safe.